The fast-growing digital world has many dealers confused. Should I be doing more digital? Are traditional advertising methods like radio still relevant? Well, the truth is in today’s market, finding the right media formula for automotive advertising can be difficult. Some will tell you that “digital only” platforms are the future, while others will tell you traditional is still king. Well, at DeAngelis Advertising we believe we’ve found that magic formula. A strong traditional presence, like radio, paired with a smart digital program creates the perfect combination for success.
Even though digital has made a large mark in the advertising world, it doesn’t mean that traditionally is dead. In fact, according to a 2016 Nielsen study radio is stronger than ever! Here are the facts:
- Radio is the leading reach platform: 93% of us listen to AM/FM radio over the airwaves, which is higher than TV viewership (85%), PC use (50%), smartphone use (74%), and tablet use (29%)
- 265 million Americans 6+ listen to the radio each week;
- 66 million Millennials use radio each week;
- Audio consumers are listening for more than 12 hours each week;
- And the majority of radio usage comes from employed listeners; nearly three-quarters of Generation X listeners work full-time.
So, what does this tell us? Car buyers are listening to the radio! Just remember next time you’re working on your media planners not to ignore radio. Try blending your radio presence with your digital program to create synergy and maximize your exposure! With the right mix of traditional and digital media, along with a strong message, DeAngelis Advertising can help you create the perfect formula for a successful campaign. Contact DeAngelis Advertising today and we’ll put together an effective traditional and digital program that meets your needs within your budget.